I have concluded that I hate
the 4th of July because of fireworks. You see, when you have 3 dogs
living in your home and the 80 pound one is terrified of loud noises, the 4th
of July is especially brutal. When said 80 pound dog barks incessantly at each bang
or pop of a firework and runs through the house completely stark-raving mad
like, doing homework becomes next to impossible. When those bangs and pops go
on for over 3 hours straight, it tends to push you to the edge of sanity. I am
about to have a nervous breakdown, as we speak. Having said all that, please forgive
me if I seem a bit frazzled in this post because I am. Not a bit frazzled, but rather,
completely at my wits end frazzled. Just to post this, I had to lock the dogs
in the bathroom, with the fan on. I’ve never been so grateful for a loud
bathroom fan before, as I am at this very moment!
This week has been an
interesting week. Learning more about Steve Jobs was great. Although, everyone
seems to think he was an amazing, motivational speaker, but from the address I
saw to Stanford…I thought he was an okay speaker. I actually find Guy Kawasaki
more riveting, but maybe that’s because he is funny and draws me in where I
felt a little “put-off” by Steve Jobs. Maybe that’s just because I don’t relate
well to techy type people? I’m not really sure. Whatever my personal feelings
are about his speaking abilities don’t really matter because he was an amazing
entrepreneur and that is what we are here to learn about.
Before I forget again, my $100
challenge is coming along. My house is filling up with piles of clothes in
different sizes. I was hoping to have them all bagged and tagged and delivered
to the consignment store today, but unfortunately I had too much going on and
not enough time. As it is, it is almost 10pm and I am JUST finishing up my
other studies. Why does time have to fly by SO darned quickly?
I am tired. That’s my biggest
take away from this week. I’m tired and I’m getting “trunky.” My daughter
concludes her mission in 5 weeks and 5 weeks from today I will be in Southern
California to pick her up. I’m tired and want school to be done so that I can
focus completely on getting my missionary home. Having said that, I have loved
this semester. Even though there were weeks where I wasn’t sure I was going to
make it out “above ground,” I have enjoyed the knowledge I have gained. What a
blessing this has been in my life, as well as in my missionary’s life. I have
been more focused and have been growing and progressing and it has given us
some wonderful things to talk about and to look forward to in our very near
future.
Who knew when I started the
Pathway program that I would end up here…healthy, almost 70 pounds lighter, smarter
about business, and a bit trunky? I sure didn’t expect that! I hope my daughter
is doing better at NOT being trunky than I am!
Happy Independence Day
everyone. I pray that you will all recognize how glorious it is to live in the “land
of the free and home of the brave!” We live in a divinely created country and would
do well to remember Who it is that lead and guided our Founding Fathers in
creating this beautiful Nation. We would also do well to remember the pledge of
allegiance: “I pledge allegiance to the United States of America, and to the
Republic for which is stands, One
Nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all!” God
bless America! May She forever stand as a beacon on a hill of what is right and
good with the world, a nation wherein the Divine is of utmost importance. We
are losing sight of that. I pray we can find our way back, but if we don’t, I
take comfort in knowing the worse it gets, the faster the Second Coming of
Christ will happen. What a glorious day THAT will be!
(B283)
No comments:
Post a Comment