So I
don’t forget…my $100 challenge is coming along. I’m a bit freaked out because I
have NO CLUE how to create a PowerPoint presentation, but I bet I will figure
it out! I sort of have no choice. I am trying to get all my school work done
early enough this week so I have more time to finish sorting and labeling the
clothes I have gathered together and then deliver them to the consignment
store. I’m not sure what happens next? I know we are supposed to donate our
proceeds to the Kiva.org business we chose, but I’m not really sure how to do
that either. Again, I bet I figure it out somehow.
For
these weeks’ studies, I particularly liked the information about creating a
family business because I am preparing to do just that with my daughter. I want
to make sure that we have addressed all the “ins and outs” of the process to
ensure our relationship is protected, along with the business. The reading on
the Rogers Family was very helpful.
I also
appreciated the video on Eric Slaubaugh because his was a story about a family
business. When he spoke about removing his father from the business, which was
hard for me to hear. However, it also made me realize that upon starting our
business, I want to put into place my exit plan from the very beginning. I
don’t want my daughter to have to try to convince me it is time to retire. I
don’t want to do that to her. So, I think it is important to establish
guidelines from the start. For example, if my health (mental or physical)
becomes impaired in any way that would affect the daily running or success of
the business, I will need to step down…or something like that. I want to always
have a say in what happens until I can no longer make rational decisions. This
is MY dream after all, right?
Anyway,
this has been a great week. I’m scared to death of this presentation thing, but
I hope I can do it and do it well! I’m SO nervous about it that I actually went
in and did my grade calculator with a 0% for that grade, just to see what my
final grade would be and if I could keep my solid A. Yep…I’m nervous. I must
have faith in myself and know the Lord will help me, as long as I am doing my
best. It has been a good week!
(B283 LESSON 11 ENTRY)
No comments:
Post a Comment