Oh
how I love President Monson! I really enjoyed watching this video. What a sweet
Spirit he has! I love what he taught about doubt and faith not being able to
exist together because one will always push out the other out. I pray that
faith will ALWAYS push out doubt in my mind. I love how President Monson shared
how to successfully NOT doubt or to help dispel doubt. What wonderful counsel
he gave!
President
Monson offered some “helpful hints” that would help us in achieving our “Great
Expectations.” He offered:
“First,
avoid the pitfalls in the track. Avoid the detours, which will deprive you of
your Celestial reward. You will recognize them, if you will; they may be
labeled ‘Oh just this once won’t matter.’ Or ‘My parents are so old fashioned.’
Bad habits also can be such pitfalls. First we could break them if we would.
Later we would break them if we could…. Good habits, on the other hand, are the
souls muscles. The more you use them, the stronger they grow.
“Second,
beware of the flashy start and the fade out finish…. In the game of life, a
second effort is often required. The happy life…grows upon us, year by year,
little by little until at last, we realize that we have it. It is achieved by a
body of work done so well, that we can lift our heads with assurance and look
the world in the eye…Perseverance will pay rich rewards.
“Third,
help others in their race of life. Remember that when you help another up a
mountain, you’re a little nearer to the top yourself…The attitude of love
characterized the Savior….How many people did you help?
“Fourth,
and finally, seek the help of the Lord. Souls are precious…. We do not run
alone in this great race of life, we are entitled to the help of the Lord…. We
must make room for Him in our lives.”
Oh
what wonderful reminders President Monson has given to us all. I am SO grateful
we had this video to watch! It really touched my heart. I loved the story of
the German family who lost everything during the war, but a missionary kept a
picture of the family for over 40 years and the Lord made it possible for that
family to get this picture. The Lord really is mindful of us all and He knows
us each individually. My heart is full of gratitude!
The
$100 Challenge is ALMOST OVER!!!!! THANK HEAVENS!!!! This has been my VERY
least favorite exercise EVER! I’m trying to figure out how to create a Power
Point Presentation because that’s about over my skillset. However, I think I
can do it. I’m not going to lie - there is a part of me that wonders how badly
it would affect my grade if I just blew it off! I’m not going to do that
because I want to keep my straight A’s, but the thought has crossed my mind.
I’m
off to create magic…are you?
(LESSON
12 B283)
No comments:
Post a Comment