Thursday, June 4, 2015

MY FAVORITE HABIT...

    This week I learned about the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven R. Covey. While I was not a fan of the www.summaries.com summary of the book, I rather enjoyed the video with James Ritchie. None of that is important to this post. What is important to this post, are the principles that Mr. Covey taught the world. Many of which seem very familiar and seem to be gospel principles for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I can see how Mr. Covey’s faith helped him in creating this book.

    I like all of the habits described in the reading, but I think the one that resonates with me the most is number one, “Be Proactive.” As Mr. Ritchie described it, “This is the granddaddy of all the habits without which none of the other habits will mean much.” I agree with that summation completely. That is why this is my favorite. I’m a firm believer in the theory if we aren’t moving forward than we are sliding backwards. 


    No matter what we do in life, if we aren’t doing anything, we won’t get anywhere! That is so logical it seems stupid to say, but I believe there are people out there who are not catching hold of that concept. How, I don’t know, but they aren’t. If you aren’t leading, then you must be following because you certainly cannot lead someone from behind. I don’t believe that is physically possible.


    I am looking forward to creating synergy in my business. I hope I am already doing that in my life, but I must take the time to evaluate and verify that I am. Either way, I want to create synergy in all my dealings, whether they are personal or business. I look forward to the day when I can help some other “dreamer” find and build their dream. I hope, with the creation of Howling Heart, I will be able to help others along their way!


(B183)

No comments:

Post a Comment