What
did I learn this week? I learned that exhaustion and quizzes don’t mix well. I
learned that when I’m exhausted I don’t retain anything I study or read. I
learned that when I don’t get enough rest, my body starts to shut down on me
and I get sick. I learned that I am too old for 3 classes in one semester. I
learned that I am frustrated and tired and even a little overwhelmed. I learned
that I need the Lord involved in my life and my education because without Him,
I will never make it. I learned that I want to be an empathetic leader and a
person others turn to in times of need. I learned that I am both participative
and delegative which means I’m a delegative leader. I’m good with that. I
learned that when I am tired, I get side-tracked very easily. I learned that I
miss my missionary daughter more than I realized and I cannot wait until she
comes home. I learned when I am exhausted I have no patience with anyone or
anything.
In
other words, I learned a lot this week. Most of which would fall into the hard
lesson learned category and relate to my lack of sleep. I am 49 years old and I
cannot run on 3-4 hours of sleep. I just don’t function well. I don’t do well
at home or at work or in school. I remember the days when I could go 3 days on
3 hours sleep and run like a champion, but those days are LONG gone. I need
rest. I need to find the balance. I don’t know how to find the balance. I guess
that means it is time to hit my knees and ask for help. That’s another lesson
that I learned this week…it is okay to ask for help from your friends,
co-workers, and the Lord. As a matter of fact, it would appear that successful people
do just that.
I am making progress on the $100 Challenge by still gathering clothing to sell.
I am making progress on the $100 Challenge by still gathering clothing to sell.
B 283
No comments:
Post a Comment