Tuesday, June 16, 2015

IF YOU WANT GREATNESS AROUND YOU...



I have always believed if you want to be great or a failure then surround yourself with like-minded people and that was confirmed with this week’s studies. I think that comes from the way I was raised. My daddy used to always tell me, “If you lay down with pigs, you’ll come up smelling like a pig!” You can’t argue with that! I think that holds true in everything we do. Successful people surround themselves with people who are better than they are; they surround themselves with people who are even more successful than they are.

Another great lesson learned this week is once you find great people and hire them, treat them the way they want to be treated, care about them, care about their families, take good care of them and they will take good care of you! I have rarely, if ever, heard of someone who has been treated fairly and compensated justly for their work, suing their employer for any reason. Why is that? I think it is because loyalty has been formed between the employee and the employer. There is a bond, so to speak, formed when the employer treats the employee like a valuable team member. When this occurs, most people will be loyal and stay with that company, as long as the job holds out. THAT is the employee I want to have. I want people who want to stay.

I am still gathering clothing together for my $100 challenge. Man do I have a lot of clothing. I am trying to organize it and make sure everything is clean and nice before taking it to the consignment store. I feel if it looks nice, I will get more money for it. Clean and smelling fresh will bring more money than dusty and dingy! At least, that is what I’m hoping for!

I guess my biggest takeaway this week is if you want greatness around you, be great yourself and hire people who are better than you! Until next time…keep reaching for the stars…


B 283

No comments:

Post a Comment