WOW did I enjoy Brother
Ritchie’s video this week! I am going to purchase the book, Your Emotional Fingerprint by Woody
Woodward and read it. I want to learn about my emotional fingerprint. To be
quite honest, I’m slightly terrified of what I might find. I’m hopeful though
that it will better help me to understand myself because to be quite honest, I
confuse the heck out of me! I really do want to get to know myself better
and in turn, I think that will really help me when we open our business. As a
matter of fact, my daughter will be reading this book when she gets home from
her mission! She doesn’t know it yet, but she will. We both need to understand
our core and who we are if we want to make our business a success!
The video really struck a
chord with me. I’m not sure why. I watched it twice and I’m probably going to
watch it again. I truly understood, felt, and related to the Old Cherokee tale.
So much so, I’m going to reiterate it here so I never forget it. The story goes
something like this:
(I found this picture online
when I did a Google search for the story. Tarasarthouse is the rightful owner
of this and I am simply borrowing it for my personal use, as a reminder of this
amazing story.)
Which one do I feed? Which one
do you feed? This is a tale as old as time. This is the good versus evil fight
we all face. I’m a firm believer in the idea that negativity breeds negativity
and positivity breeds positivity. I know whenever I am around negative people,
I can usually feel them pulling me down.
This reminds me of another
lesson I’ve learned this semester and that is to surround yourself with people
who are better and smarter than you because they will help carry you and pull
you up to their level! I want to feed the light, the good side. I want to be
who is joy, happiness, benevolence, and all the other parts of the “Good Wolf.”
In order to succeed in life and in business, I feel we must all be the “Good
Wolf.”
I am SO grateful for this week’s
lesson and for the wonderful insights I have received because of it. This
program, these courses, this University – BYU-Idaho, ARE divinely inspired and
I am grateful to be a part of them! There is nothing about this week I didn’t
enjoy!
I loved Elder Oaks talk
entitled, “The Challenge to Become” from the October 2000 General Conference.
If you haven’t read it or listened to it, I exhort you to do just that. You
will be better for it. I know I am. Then go get the book Your Emotional Fingerprint and read it. I will be! Get to know
yourself and you will have a much more fulfilled life. That is the real lesson
I learned.
(B183)

No comments:
Post a Comment