Monday, May 4, 2015

I AM CAPABLE!!

So, it's Monday. In days gone by, I hated Mondays. They were always the beginning of another cruddy week at work. Another week of "same 'ole, same oles!" But then my daughter went on a mission and suddenly Mondays became my favorite day of the week. You see, as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, she is only allowed to communicate with home via email once per week on her "Preparation Day," or P-day for short! Well, in most missions, that day is Monday. Now do you see why I love Mondays?

Another reason I'm learning to at least LIKE Mondays is because it is a new week for school. While I am still WAY overwhelmed, I LOVE that I am learning and growing. 

NOTE TO SELF: DO NOT EVER take 3 classes that are all so inter-related as I did this semester! It is REALLY confusing which class wants what assignment and which book I'm reading for what class! I realized this morning, as I was driving to work at 4:30am, that it was MUCH easier to have a math class, an English class, and a religion class at the same time because there was NO confusion as to which homework was for which class. 

HOWEVER, having said all that, there is one advantage to having 3 classes that are very similar...every once in a while you get an assignment or reading for one class that also coincides with the other class. For me, that is like a giant ice cream sundae hug from Heaven! Life is good when that happens! :-)

One of the great lessons I'm learning from all of this is...I AM CAPABLE! I am capable of taking 3 classes. I am capable of juggling school and work. I am capable of serving in my church callings. I am capable of doing them all at the same time. I AM CAPABLE! This has been a great life lesson for me. I never thought I was able to balance so many things at one time, but apparently, I AM CAPABLE! And I know where this gift comes from...it is a gift from my Heavenly Father. He wants me to succeed and be happy. He wants me to know that I AM CAPABLE!

In reading the book "The Ministry of Business", I have learned that the way I was raised is the right way to run a business. To be honest, ethical, kind, serving (NOT self-serving, but serving others), trustworthy, and loyal are all traits of a great and successful entrepreneur. I feel like I am one step ahead of a lot of folks in this world. That's a great feeling! Thank you mom and dad for giving me these principles and standards to live by. 

I've also learned that being a covenant or promise making person is a wonderful trait and builds trust amongst colleagues. What a great feeling it is to know that I am THAT person! I do make covenants and I strive every day of my life to keep them. I didn't always understand the importance of making and keeping covenants, but I sure do now! If I can make covenants with my God and keep those, I can most certainly keep them with colleagues! I answer to a higher authority in all aspects of my life and because of that, I operate in a different manner than many. I like that about myself.

As a future business owner and entrepreneur, I need to make sure I do things in an open and honest manner. My daughter and I plan to open and run this business with each other and her future family. We want this to be a family business in the truest and best manner possible. We want to encourage, uplift, and edify those who visit and those who work with us! We want our clientele to be "repeat business" every year. To do that, we must make it a place people want to come; a place they can't get enough of; a place they don't want to leave! To do this, we must operate with integrity and class. I was taught to ALWAYS be "first class" because first class behavior drew first class treatment, while 4th class behavior would bring about 4th class treatment. Let me just say...1st class is ALWAYS better than any of the others! :-)

When I was growing up, I was always told by my dad, "Who are you?" My response was always to be, "I'm a Sessions!" "And what does that mean?" was my father's response. "It means I can do and be anything I want to!" I still subscribe to that idea. I can be and do whatever I want, it's just I need to decide what I'm willing to do or not to do to be successful! I choose to be kind. I choose to be uplifting. I choose to make those around me know who THEY are and that they too can achieve anything, if they are willing to put in the time and effort. I want to get them to the same place I am. A place of "I AM CAPABLE!" 

Here's to our success in life and love and business! NOW...GO AND BE CAPABLE TOO!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment