Thursday, May 14, 2015

Some GREAT questions to think about...

There are some questions I've been asked to answer in my journal and since this blog IS my journal, I guess this is where I will answer them. They are:

1. If you pursue your calling with discipline, intentionality, and the help of fellow travelers, what are the chances that your worst case scenario will really happen?

I do not believe we can fail unless we truly sabotage ourselves. I truly believe this is a Divinely inspired idea and when you have Heaven on your side, you have to work at failure. I believe we have the potential to help families and students and anyone who comes through our gate!


2. As you look at your list of fears, what themes emerge? What is at the core of what you really fear? Financial ruin? The judgment or disapproval of others? Physical harm? Endangering the ones you love? Embarrassment?

I think my biggest fear is financial ruin, but to be honest, I'm not really all that afraid of it. I believe this is Divinely inspired and so I know the money will come to open and run the business, as long as we operate within the guidelines the Lord has set forth.

3. What is the risk of taking no action – not following your calling? How do you plan to deal with fear when it pops up on your entrepreneurial journey?

If I don't follow my heart, I will stay just where I am. I will keep working for someone else, never realizing my full potential or joy. I will keep living, but not living with a purpose.

Well, that wasn't too painful! I don't really fear opening our business. I know it will be hard, but anything worth doing or having has its challenges. I know this is going to require a lot of great minds and resources, but I also know this is what the Lord wants me to do, so I know these will all come. I'm not worried...I'm really not. I think I'm more worried that I'm so calm about something THIS big, than I am about actually doing it. Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment