While reading in the book Return, by Elder Robert D. Hales of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I learned that we can receive personal revelation for all aspects of our lives...including our business life. I don't know if I actually read that anywhere or not, but I most certainly learned it! I find it fascinating that a book that literally has NOTHING to do with business has EVERYTHING to do with business! It makes NO SENSE, but it is true.
I hope that I will be blessed with the gift of retention for all of these wonderful lessons I'm learning. My memory certainly isn't what it used to be and going back to college 30 years after I started is no "day at the park," but it sure has been interesting. PSA ANNOUNCEMENT: FINISH SCHOOL WHILE YOU ARE YOUNG!!!! It is SO much easier! ;-)
I am grateful my missionary daughter challenged me to "do something with my life to help me progress" while she was gone. This has been one of the most difficult journeys I've ever undertaken, but is has also been one of the most fulfilling. I've learned a lot about myself throughout it. I've learned to rely on my Heavenly Father more than I ever realized I would. I've learned that we need to make sure to have complete transparency with our life partners or spouses in all things, including business. I've learned that learning can be fun. I've discovered that I am a lot smarter than I ever gave myself credit for. I have found the gift of faith I have been given comes in handy when thinking about starting my own business. I do not doubt for one moment that The Howling Heart B&B and Campground WILL come to fruition because it is Divinely inspired. I have no idea when or where or how, but I know it will happen...and that's okay. I know that where God requires us to do things, he provides a way for us to be successful in them.
Life is good and getting better everyday. Why? Because I AM growing. I AM progressing. I AM learning. I have a profound desire to help others and want to become financially self-reliant so I can do just that. I want to help others learn and grow and progress. I want to be a mentor and help others to follow their dreams. I want to help those who don't know what their dreams are discover their divine potential and calling.
There is a scripture in the Book of Mormon, in the First Book of Nephi, Chapter 3, verse 7, that says, "I will go and do the things which the Lord commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." I know this to be true in church, in life, and in business. What He requires of us, He provides a way for us to accomplish it. I am grateful for this divine knowledge that has been granted to me.
I am SO grateful that BYU-Idaho has the Pathway Program, as well as the Online Degree Program. Without those two programs, I would not have the ability to go back to school, to see my dream as a reality, and to take the classes that will help me to make it a reality. I have said it before and I will say it again...these are Divinely inspired programs!
Here's to another great day...another great week...heck, here's to a great life for us all! Cheers! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment