Thursday, April 30, 2015

Feeling a bit overwhelmed? Yeah...me too!


I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with school right now. I’m too old for keeping track of three different classes that are all SO similar they get confusing! Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited to learn and grow, but this is actually becoming physically and mentally painful!

For one of my classes, I’m supposed to do what is called “The $100 Entrepreneur Challenge”. What exactly is it? GREAT QUESTION! I am not sure I understand it 100%. However, my take on it is this…each student is “to begin and run a small business with the goal of generating $100.00 PROFIT.” As part of the project, we are supposed to come up with an idea, raise up to $20.00 in “startup funding”, create our product or service, market our company, and sell our product. Our end goal is to earn $100 profit, not just revenue, and then donate the profits to KIVA.org and close our business.

I HAVE NO CLUE what to do and time is running out. I have to come up with a plan. This project truly has me freaked out! While I get the point of it, for someone like me who has a VERY specific goal in mind, this seems crazy and frustrating. Therefore, it must be for my own good and will help me along.

I have read all the blogs, I have checked websites for ideas, I’ve thought about things that frustrate me, but NONE of them are helping me come up with an idea for a new business. What do I do? Pray…that’s about all I can do, at this point! Wish me luck folks…I’m going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment